Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe (using ketchup)
Here’s another simple Honey BBQ Sauce Recipe! This time we are using ketchup as our tomato base in case you are in a hurry and don’t have all the ingredients of one of our more complicated Honey based barbecue recipes.
I’ll be honest, I’m not usually a fan of using ketchup as the base for many BBQ Sauce Recipes but if you are in need of a quick and easy recipe and ketchup is at hand, then here you go! You can make yourself a Honey barbecue sauce.
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat; add onion, and saute 4 to 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in ketchup and remaining ingredients; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- You can keep the leftover sauce in the frig for up to a week.